Saturday, December 1, 2012

OM.2001.036 - Jane Wynn USA


Thirteen Ladies Passing - Elizabeth



Thirteen Ladies Passing - Elizabeth
collage
Jane Wynn

Jane Wynn
 USA

Working on these collages was a bit of a struggle for me - I am used to working sculpturally and I have forgotten what it is like to work on paper.
I became obsessed with the number 13: my grandmother whom I grew up with always said that 13 was her favorite number and she loved Friday 13th.
I found images of women from the 1920's - 1940's and that made me think of my grandmother. Even with her being gone now for over ten years, she still finds a way to always be with me, as she told me she would.
I had figured out an "idea" about the number 13 and death notices and needed to wait just long enough to get them from the local paper- that is why my package was a bit late- I needed to "go" with the whole authenticity of dates and time - Kind of like being superstitious ... they are a bit on the strange side if you think about the whole "obituary" thing - but as I see it- I am memorializing these women.
Thirteen Ladies Passing.


No comments:

Post a Comment